User Login

Harley-Davidson’s 120th Anniversary Celebrations—Are you going?

Friday, March 24, 2023

Call boomerang carnets and take your bike across international borders.

Harley-Davidson is celebrating their 120th Anniversary in 2023.  The festivities will begin with a 4-Day event this June 22-25 in Budapest, Hungary and followed by a Harley-Davidson Homecoming Festival July 13-16 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin U.S.A.  If you are planning to attend with your bike and are crossing international borders to do so, call boomerang carnets for your ATA Carnet and CPD to get your Harley there and back easily and affordably.  ATA Carnets and CPDs make Clearing Customs at international borders with your motorcycle, easy and affordable.

The ATA Carnet is an internationally accepted customs document for temporarily exported merchandise or goods.  It allows cross border movement of those goods import-duty and -tax free into 87+ carnet countries and territories for up to a year.  The ATA Carnet is known as the “Merchandise Passport” for boomerang freight®.  

The CPD, known formally as Carnet de Passages en Douane, is a customs document that differs from the ATA Carnet in that it is used for the temporary admission of road vehicles (private and commercial road motor vehicles) in countries where required.  The CPD is known as the “Vehicle Passport” which allows a vehicle to enter multiple countries for temporary importation without paying the import-duty and -taxes and is valid for up to a year.  They also provide an extra layer of protection clearing customs in countries where they are not required. You will be covered for whatever route you plan to take.

At Boomerang, we know what your Harley means to you. In our 36 years in the carnet business, we have issued ATA Carnets and CPDs to motorcyclists travelling the world with their bikes.  The Harley-Davidson Motor Company has been a client of Boomerang’s for over 20 years.  It is our honor to accommodate Harley-Davidson Motor Company and Harley owners with ATA Carnets and CPDs when they are needed.  We understand the special devotion for the Harley-Davidson culture and appreciate the beauty and elegance of Harley-Davidson motorcycles.  Through the years, Boomerang has issued over 80 carnets to Harley-Davidson Motor Company.  The 120th Anniversary is indeed a special moment in time to celebrate and pay tribute to this amazing company and the vehicles they produce.

No matter what itinerary you have or are planning for your ride into either of these once-in-a-lifetime Harley-Davidson events, we can help.   

Boomerang can accommodate U.S. customers with both ATA Carnet and CPD international customs documents.  In addition, we have authority to issue CPDs for Canada.  If you are in the U.K., we can issue your ATA Carnet through our partners at the Liverpool Chamber of Commerce and can recommend one of our reliable strategic partners for your CPD needs.  

Call us!  Boomerang carnets can help you get your bike across international borders easily and affordably.

Our Carnet Specialists are here to assist you 24/7, just call the Carnet HelpLine®, (800) ATA-2900 | (800) 282-2900, or email us.

For ATA Carnet news and updates subscribe to our eNewsletter: Exportise